My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.wiebkeherding.de
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, September 07, 2008

The Swiss Army Knife of Synchronisation

I work on three machines with different operating systems, and sometimes in internet cafés and other random locations. Yet, wherever I am, my contacts and calendars are already synced - thanks to a service called Plaxo.

Plaxo is an online address book and calendar - just like many others. The exception: Its synchronization tools. With plugins for both Outlook and Address Book, it sits quietly in the background and makes sure that my office PC and my home MacBook share the same information. It also syncs my Google Calendars, but struggles so far with the Gmail address book. To get my phone into the loop, I used to periodically sync my Nokia through iSync and Bluetooth. For the iPhone, iTunes takes care of the job.

No comments: