My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.wiebkeherding.de
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, November 10, 2006

Learning new operating systems: Mac OS X


Just a quick note to say that I've finally parted with my Lifebook. After an unfortunate incident involving a glass of water this summer and a couple of painful weeks with an external keyboard and mouse, I've now invested in a shiny new Macbook (of the white kind, should you wonder).

Surprisingly it took me a while to get started. Guess I'm too dependend on keyboard shortcuts. Windows-D anyone? Ctrl-Rightarrow? No chance. And then for some reason there are still no Intel drivers for my DSL modem. Grmpf.

Anyway. I've installed Quicksilver, reformatted my USB harddisk and discovered my neighbour's wireless, and am fairly happy to have parted with the Windows world. There's even a proper shell to play with after years of string manipulation with MS Word.

No comments: