My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.wiebkeherding.de
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Geekery, wonderful geekery!

Why's (Poignant) Guide to Ruby is wonderfully geeky, weird, amusing and just plain helpful when you are looking for an introduction to the programming language Ruby. It is not too much to the point, though. I loved it for two evenings straight, then I was through the six chapters. Next step will be Ruby on Rails where I have started reading Rolling with Ruby on Rails.
I don't necessarily know yet how I'm going to use this new knowledge, but as I haven't learnt new programming languages for about three years now, it feels damn good to do so.

At the same time, I'm really happy that the relauch for my organisation's website is coming together. This project has cost me some blood, sweat and tears learning Textpattern, relearning PHP, integrating databases, writing content and finetuning CSS templates. I see light at the end of the tunnel. Thank goddess.

No comments: